04 July 2011

Underwater Camera

For our trip to Disney, we wanted a point and shoot camera so we weren't carrying around our fabulous, but large, camera the entire time.  We went to the store and hunted around for cameras that would fit the bill.  There are a TON!  So, we narrowed it down by what we wanted in a camera.  Pocket sized, good zoom, decent megapixel.  We found one that fit the bill and as an added bonus - it was waterproof!  I was wary about taking the camera into the water, because from my childhood memory, cameras and water don't always mix.  LOL  Also, there used to be a camera that you put inside a plastic container that would render it waterproof and this was not the case for this camera.  It looked just like all the rest of the cameras, but with one difference.  It had rubberized seals on all the electronics to effectively protect it from water seepage.  AWESOME!  I took it into the pool while at Disney, but didn't submerge it into the water.  Well, the other day, I took the plunge - LITERALLY!  I got some awesome action shots of the boys at the pool and the adventure of what else to take pictures of underwater has started!  Come On Florida!  Can't wait to see what I can get into and take pictures as proof that I was there!




No comments: