24 July 2010

A Day Filled

With Rob gone for a year, it leaves me and the boys to do what we can to get through the day, one at a time, until we get to be together as a family again. Our days are fairly hectic, especially mine. I get up every morning, get the coffee going (is always the first thing) and get ready for work. Working 2 jobs makes for one busy mama and the boys are always on the go. Thankfully, I have the best friend and sitter a girl could ask for and she willingly takes the boys no matter when I need her. She also has an assistant who is willing to come to the house when my primary sitter needs a day off. Also, to use my time wisely, I'm working hard to finish my degree while Rob is gone. That means taking 2 classes at a time for the next year with no breaks. We are all a little stressed, but we are making it. Slowly but surely, we know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. With me carrying the boys towards the exit and Rob on his little island waiting for rescue, we trudge along.

No comments: