1 week ago
13 May 2009
Gym Antics
In my quest to be healthier, I am trying to get to the gym at least 3 times a week. So far, my personal resolution is going well. Today was another one of those dreaded, yet anticipated treks to the building that contains more sweaty people then I care to really see. I get changed and settled onto my chosen aerobic equipment for the day - the elliptical! I am thinking 4 miles today? I get into a nice pace and pretty much zone out while listening to the television drone on about whatever. I'm minding my own business, when all of a sudden, motion near the elliptical beside mine catches my eye. Naturally, I turn my head towards the movement and see a perfectly quaffed female in a tiny pair of shorts, perfect phony tail and a sports bra. Oops! She must have forgotten her shirt. She mounts up on her elliptical machine and starts out at a dainty pace. I soon lose interested in said girl and tune back into my drones on the news. Then, out of nowhere, I see a flash of skin next to me, same girl, and she is moving at a feverish pace on the elliptical! Not to be outdone, I step up my pace a bit, because really, it would be horribly embarrassing to be outdone by Girl I Don't Know! Apparently, I have a bit of a elliptical competitive streak? Who Knew!! So, the race is on and we are both cooking on our machines. I am closing in on 4 miles and I see that she isn't much behind. 4.5 miles and still going strong. I realize I am being ridiculous, but can't help myself! Must.Keep.Ellipticalling!!! So, right around the 6 mile mark, I think "enough!" and hit the cool down button. Who are we kidding? I kept going, even in cool down mode, because my goal was to out elliptical this random girl. Finally, I get off the machine, get the wipes to clean it off and without a backwards glance, I say goodbye to my worthy opponent (in my head, of course - I don't want to be crazy!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
LOL Andrea! You crack me up (especially about the poor girl forgetting her shirt). ;)
Post a Comment