24 January 2009

Waiting...

In life, it seems a lot of waiting goes on. Waiting for the wedding date to arrive. Waiting for labor to start and the baby to arrive. Waiting for the results of some random test. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Currently I am waiting to hear back from a job that I interviewed for a few weeks ago. A few weeks seems like a very long time to wait, but this would be a company I would love to work for. I do hope they call with information, one way or the other, but here I am...waiting. :)

My Sterling doesn't like to wait. He likes to do for himself (my little match!) and he is currently into feeding himself. I think he believes the food will get into his mouth quicker if he just does it himself. A messy process, but that is part of the learning process.


He is very much into pulling the dvds off the shelves as well. This is something he finds completely funny and I do think he believes it is his duty to "fix" the dvds. He will calmly go over to them, pull up to the shelf he will be working on at that time and one by one pull them down. He will glance over at me once in awhile to see if I am watching. If he catches my eye, he acts surprised and then starts to laugh. Too funny.


Sterling is just a funny, little man right now. He wants to be a big boy is totally convinced the cats love him and WANT him to yank their fur. Thankfully, my kitties are very good and don't even move when he starts yanking on their fur. They just cry pitifully and wait for me to rescue them.



Nicholas is my little school man. :) In December, Rob and I got a letter home saying they wanted to test him for their Gifted & Talented program. We figured "sure, why not..." and sent the paper back with our permission. It had a portion that I was supposed to fill out with my assessment of his level of understanding, educationally. Well, last week we got a letter in the mail that said he scored unbelievably well when they tested him and would we give permission for him to participate in the G&T program. My assessment said I believed he was just a bit above average, but average none-the-less. His teacher scored him at about the same level that I did. We saw his scores from the testing and apparently we were both WAY off. He was ridiculously high on the score chart. Great Job, my Cole! I hope this carries into further love for school. :)


I soon will be looking for something else to challenge Cole with, besides school. I am thinking he would do well in a dance class (modern, quite possibly - NOT ballet), or some sort of music class. He tried soccer in the fall and while he didn't love it, he gave it his all. I do think he would like to try T-Ball this spring and we'll go from there. :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love LOVE the picture of Sterling in the Tigger outfit with his checks sucked in! What a cutie.

And clapping madly over here for Cole! What an awesome thing to have offered.

You're doing great Momma, and I hoping that the job comes to you!